I am an Assistant Professor at the School of Business Administration, Chung-Ang University. Prior to joining here, I was a Staff Researcher at Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT). I earned my Ph.D. degree in Data Mining at Seoul National University. My broad research interest lies in adopting deep learning models to various business problems such as fraud detection, fault detection and diagnosis, etc. I am also interested in interpretability in modeling for both data scientists and domain experts.
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University (Advisor: Sungzoon Cho).
- Dissertation: Supervised Deep Learning-based Anomaly Detection Models and Their Applications in Finance, Manufacturing, and Media
- B.S., Mathematical Sciences, Seoul National University.
- eXplainable Industrial AI (XIAI)
- Solving real world problems including fraud detection, fault detection, driving route prediction, root-cause identification, retrosynthesis, human activity recognition, and so on.
- Interpretability in modeling for both data scientists and domain experts.
- Learning from tensor-shaped data
- Tensors are high dimensional generalizations of vectors and matrices.
- E.g., sensor signal, image, video, …
- Optimization, Regularization
- Assistant professor, Chung-Ang University, 2021-Present.
- Staff researcher, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT), 2019-2021.
- Guest Consultant, Deloitte Consulting, 2019.
- Intern, Naver Clova, 2018.
- Actuary, Kyobo Life Insurance, 2011-2013.
Recent Publications more
Eunji Kim, Jinwon An, Hyun-Chang Cho, Sungzoon Cho, Byeongeon Lee (2022+), "A sensor data mining process for identifying root causes associated with low yield in semiconductor manufacturing." Data Technologies and Applications, Accepted.
Min Sik Park*, Dongseon Lee, Young Chun Kwon, Eunji Kim, and Youn-Suk Choi (2021), "Data undersampling models for the efficient rule-based retrosynthetic planning." Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 23: 26510-26518.
Eunji Kim, Sungzoon Cho* (2021), "Exposing Fake Faces Through Deep Neural Networks Combining Content and Trace Feature Extractors." IEEE Access, 9: 123493-123503.
Recent Projects more
BEAUnex, Mask-making device and user data analysis model development.
National Research Foundation, Development of Stock Prediction Models using Explainable AI with Multi-modal Data and Deep Reinforcement Learning.
Brunei Shell Petroleum, Predictive Analytics for Equipment Management.
- Group Prize in 2020 Future Creator Award, DS Division, Samsung Electronics, 2020.
- Rookie Award in 2020 Real Mate Award, Material Research Center, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, 2020.
- Grand Prize in 2019 Industry-Academic Cooperation Excellence Paper Award, Seoul National University & Samsung Electronics, 2019.
- Best Paper Award in 2018 Fall Conference of Korea Business Intelligence Data Mining Society, Korea Data Mining Society, 2018.
- E-mail: eunjikim [at] cau.ac.kr
- Address: 310-1119, 84, Heukseok-ro, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 06974, South Korea